The 2019-nCoV, aka Novel Coronavirus, is a virus that displays flu-like symptoms and it was detected for the first time last year in Wuhan, China. The virus has been strongly linked to a market in Wuhan that sells seafood and different animal meats. The coronavirus has started to spread from animals to humans that have consumed their meat. Wuhan Coronavirus is now spreading from contact between sick persons and other they are getting in contact with.
You can read the info we posted below in order to learn how to detect, protect and treat symptoms of the Coronavirus illness. Make sure that in case you suspect that you are infected with it, then you will contact your local healthcare provider as soon as possible.
Symptoms of the 2019-nCoV Wuhan Novel Coronavirus:
- - fever
- - flu-like symptoms like sore throat, coughing, headaches, muscular pain, etc.
- - difficulty breathing.
- - pneumonia.
- - kidney failure.
- - if you're older and you have a weak immune system and you are feeling ill, then we strongly advise you to immediately contact a doctor and have them call you in for a more thorough check.
If you're experiencing any of the symptoms above and you live in China, or you've traveled to China, then you should immediately contact your local hospital and isolate yourself from other persons until you receive proper medical care.
How to prevent and protect yourself from getting infected with Coronavirus:
For this virus there is currently no vaccine available, so the best way to prevent from yourself from getting infected would be to follow all the steps we listed below.
- - thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 30 seconds.
- - if you don't have access to soap and water, then you can use hand sanitizer that's alcohol-based.
- - do not put your hands around your mouth, eyes, and nose if your hands are dirty.
- - avoid at all costs physical contact with people that are displaying signs of infection.
- - stay inside if you're sick.
- - clean and disinfect all the objects you constantly use, as well as sanitizing all surfaces that you're getting in contact with.
- - cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing- use a tissue and then dispose of it yourself by throwing it in the trash.
- - any raw meat, milk and animal organs you handle should be done with care, as to avoid any type of cross-contamination with uncooked foods.
- - wash your hands after sneezing or coughing using soap and water, or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- - wash your hands when caring for those that are sick around you.
- - wash your hands before, during and after you prepare food.
- - wash your hands after using the toilet.
- - wash your hands after handling animals and animal waste.
- - thoroughly cook any meat and eggs you buy/ procure from farms and supermarkets.
- - avoid any unprotected contact with animals.
- - when preparing meat make sure to use different cutting boards and knives especially if you prepare different types of meat.
- - wash your hands in between handling raw meat/ food.
- - do not eat any type of animal that has died due to any type of disease.
- - thoroughly cook your meat and properly handle it during its preparation.
- - do not directly touch any spoiled meat.
- - do not touch any stray animals, waste and fluids when you're at the market.
- - disinfect all objects you are getting in contact with at your workplace.
- - avoid travelling to countries that have been affected by the 2019 Wuhan Coronavirus illness.
- - avoid touching any person that is displaying flu-like symptoms.
- - discard single-use masks after you use them, then make sure to wash your hands.
- - if you are sick during your travels, then you should inform crew and seek medical care as soon as possible.
- - if you are sick and you need medical care, then you should share all your travel history to the smallest of details.
How to Treat Symptoms:
We strongly advise you to contact a medical specialist in case you suspect that you are displaying symptoms of the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV infection). If your symptoms are not too strong and you haven't been in close contact with persons that have travelled to/from China recently, then you most probably are experiencing common flu symptoms.
Here's what you can do to alleviate flu symptoms:
- - go to your local pharmacy and get yourself fever and pain medications.
- - drink plenty of fluids.
- - stay at home and make sure you rest until the symptoms are gone.
- - use room humidifiers and take hot showers in order to help your throat heal faster.
- - contact your healthcare provider by phone and make sure to let them know about all your symptoms, so that they can provide a much better treatment in case your symptoms get worse.
- - common flu/ common human coronavirus illnesses should normally vanish on their own, as the human body is perfectly capable of repealing such viruses.
- - the presence of the 2019-nCoV illness is harder to detect in younger patients.
Until the 2019 Wuhan Novel Coronavirus is contained and eradicated we strongly advise you to follow all the tips listed above, and if you are displaying any symptoms that are resembling those of a powerful flu then you will contact your healthcare provider as soon as possible.